look up a word from the bible

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

Sunday, October 18, 2009

how can i go to heavens?


How can I be sure I’ll go to heaven?
Back in the days I used to think that going to church and praying on a regular basis would guarantee my salvation. That’s when I heard that sermon about Marc 16:16; "Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved...."
I was surprised to learn that baptism plays a major role in our salvation;
that caused me to think a lot...like what about the Ten Commandments?!...
If I accept Christ and baptism in my life and forget about the commands does it mean I’m still going to benefit that salvation?
I found the answer in John 14:15 " If you love me, you will obey my commands..."
accepting to follow the ways of God shows people around us that we belong to him and believe that he has plans of peace and happiness for us. He loves us and he wants to save us; this is so true that he sent his only son Jesus to die for our sins at Calvary so we can have eternal life.
We are all sinners and our mere efforts cannot save us; the only way is through our savior Jesus;
sometimes I sin so much that I feel like I don't deserve God's forgiveness and am unworthy to pray him.
As human; it’s hard for us to forgive others the wrong they did to us and therefore we expect God to act likewise towards us but truth is that God loves us with an everlasting love and nothing; even neither sin nor death should be able to block us and prevent us from enjoying his love in our lives.
He knows everything; the best we can do is to surrender all to him and allow him to help us becoming better persons; then; when we are able to truly experience his blessing we shall let others know how great he is....

I invite you to think about how you are living your life now...what place does God occupy in your life? Are you letting him take over and show you the way to heavens?

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting topic to talk about.I love the way you describe it and how you caught my attention.Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things will be there until we die because life change as human change we just have to live life.

    ReplyDelete